The global biostimulants market size is expected to reach USD 4.14 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period. Rising focus on improving agricultural productivity through sustainable methods, coupled with degrading soil quality, is fueling demand for biostimulants. Moreover, rising trend of incorporating these products into organic farming practices is supplementing global demand.
Biostimulants help in improving microflora, which, in turn, improves nutrient uptake by plants. They increase antioxidant activity and reduce plant stress against the environment and various diseases. The hormones stimulate growth, root development, and cell enlargement, thereby aiding the vigor and overall health of the plant. They comprise natural and environment-friendly degradable materials, which do not affect plant surroundings. As a result, they are witnessing high demand in organic farming practices.
Row crops and cereals dominated the market based on crop type in 2016 and are expected to maintain their dominance throughout the forecast period. Foliar treatment is anticipated to witness substantial growth during the forecast period. It held a major market share in North America due to its high-performance efficiency and massive adoption in agriculture. It is also anticipated to witness lucrative growth in Asia Pacific led by increasing adoption of sustainable farming practices.
Browse Research Report on Biostimulants Market:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global revenue generated by biostimulants was USD 1.74 billion in 2016 and is estimated to advance at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2017 to 2025. Europe dominated the global market in 2016, followed by North America
- In terms of active ingredients, acid-based stood as the largest segment in 2016. Seaweed extracts are expected to grow substantially. Widely used seaweed extracts are brown, green, and red algae. Ascophyllum nodosum, Sargassum, Laminaria, Turbinaria, and Fucus are brown seaweed extracts
- In terms of crop type, row crops and cereals dominated the market. Increasing application of biostimulants in production of turf and ornamentals is expected to drive growth in coming years
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness promising growth over the next few years. The agriculture sector in the region is witnessing steady growth and the population is mainly dependent on the farming sector. This presents lucrative growth opportunities for the market in the region
- Key market players include Novozymes A/S, Platform Specialty Products Corporation, Valagro Group, and Koppert B.V. Although the market is in an emerging stage in developing economies, particularly in Asia Pacific, it offers excellent prospects for new entrants as well as established players.
View more reports of this category by Grand View Research at
Grand View Research has segmented the global biostimulants market on the basis of active ingredient, crop type, application, and region:
Biostimulants Active Ingredient Outlook (Volume, Thousand Hectares; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Acid Based
- Seaweed Extracts
Biostimulants Crop Type Outlook (Volume, Thousand Hectares; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Row Crops & Cereals
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Turf & Ornamentals
Biostimulants Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Hectares; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Biostimulants Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Hectares; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
View press release of this research report by Grand View Research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials, and healthcare.
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com